MEET CATHY ROBERTS
When I was twelve years old, I read a novel about a young woman who became a teacher in Appalachia. Putting the book down, I was inspired to help people learn, grow, and become the best they can be. The inspiration from that single book still infuses my work and enlivens my passion for helping people. You are the author of your own life story. Like a good story, a good life requires reflection, contemplation, and focused action. Building upon your strengths, I will support and guide you as you create the next chapter of your life.
- Private practice counseling adults, couples, children, and families
- Public speaker on topics related to spirituality and psychology
- Family Mediator
- Group Facilitator for spiritual and organizational retreats
- Montgomery County(MD) Infants and Toddlers Program assessing infants and toddlers and counseling their parents
- The Family Services Agency, Gaithersburg, MD counseling senior and disabled adults
- Clinical Internship through Loyola University in MD providing outpatient substance abuse counseling to adults
- Prior to my work as a therapist, I taught high school, served as an instructional assistant at the middle and high school levels, and parented three children, now adults.
MS, Loyola University Maryland 2000
Certificate in Adoption Competencies, University of MD School of Social Work 2010
American Academy of Psychotherapists
American Counseling Association